• More than 540,000 slip and fall injuries requiring hospital care occur in North America each year.
• Slip and falls account for over 300,000 disabling injuries per year in North America.
• One in three serious bone breaks for seniors result in death within one year of the accident.
• Slip and falls account for over 20,000 fatalities per year in North America or about 55 per day.
• It is the second leading cause of accidental death and disability after automobile accidents.
• Slips and falls are the number one cause of accidents in the workplace accounting for 30% of all reported injuries.
• Slip and falls are the number one cause of accidents in Hotels, Restaurants and Public Buildings, with 70% occurring on flat and level surfaces.
• Slip and falls are the leading cause of death in the workplace and the source of more than 57% of all disabling injuries.
• Slip-Fall accidents account for 30% of all reported injuries.
• Slip and falls result in Worker’s Compensation claims over $1.8 Billion a year or about 40% of all accidents claims paid out.
• Slip and falls account for 40% of general liability claims.
Call us at 253-217-1888 to request a FREE Slip Assessment of your floor, tub, shower or business.